You’ve decided to take a big step and turn your dream home into a reality. Congratulations! Building a new home can be a very rewarding experience.
One of the first major decisions you have to make before engaging in the exciting process of transforming your vision into reality is selecting the right builder for you. Not just any builder will you do. You want to find the builder that has experience building the type of home you want to buy, and a builder that is dedicated to working with you every step of the way New Home Builders Directory.
The key to creating the home of your dreams is to ask plenty of questions before the process ever gets started. The sales representative is not only there to sell you a home, but is also a valuable source of information.
What kind of questions should you ask? The most obvious first questions are “How much does it cost?” and “When will the house be finished.” In addition, the following list of questions offers a useful starting point to help you ask your most important questions.
1. What is a good plan design for our needs? Be prepared to list your top needs, desires, and must-have’s.
2. Is there flexibility in the floor plan? Can a bedroom, bathroom, fireplace or covered patio be added?
3. What are the standard features? Is everything I see in your model home a standard feature?
4. How do you compare with other builders? Why are your prices higher/lower?
5. After I sign the contract with the sales representative, who is my “go-to” person? How do I contact this person?
6. Are there any additional fees relating to the home or development?
7. What kind of warranty is offered?
8. How many years has the builder been in the home building business? What is the builder’s background experience?
9. Are there references available? Is there a list of the builder’s properties in the area that will provide a broad representation of the builder’s work? Take a close look at those references and the quality of homes under construction.
10. Is it possible to make changes to the home plan design during the construction process? If so, what are the fees associated with those changes?
Choosing a new home builder is an important step on the path to your dream home. You have the right to ask every question that you think is important. A professional builder and sales representative will be glad you asked the questions that lead you down the path of being a happy and satisfied homeowner!